- 5 books not to miss: Mel Brooks memoir, disturbing ‘Sex Cult Nun’ and Brené Brownby USA TODAY on November 27, 2021 at 11:01 am
Comedy legend Mel Brooks tells his life’s story in new memoir “All About Me!” and “Sex Cult Nun” takes readers inside the Children of God cult.
- Man exonerated in 1981 rape of author Alice Sebold after film project finds discrepanciesby USA TODAY on November 27, 2021 at 4:40 am
A rape conviction at the center of Alice Sebold’s memoir “Lucky” (also author of “The Lovely Bones”) has been overturned after serious flaws found.
- Ann Patchett’s friendship with Tom Hanks’ assistant anchors luminous new essay collectionby USA TODAY on November 22, 2021 at 5:52 pm
A new collection of essays by Ann Patchett, one of America’s premier writers, tells a moving account of a brief but incandescent friendship.
- 5 books not to miss: Diana Gabaldon’s new Outlander book, Ann Patchett’s ‘These Precious days’by USA TODAY on November 20, 2021 at 11:02 am
Diana Gabaldon releases her ninth Outlander book, “Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone,” and Ann Patchett returns with a collection of personal essays.
- ‘Harry Potter’ turns 20: All the movies from J.K. Rowling’s magical universe, definitively rankedby USA TODAY on November 18, 2021 at 5:35 pm
“Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” is celebrating its 20th anniversary, and we’re ranking every film in J.K. Rowling’s popular franchise.
- ‘Reclamation’: A Black descendent of Thomas Jefferson brings her ancestors out of the shadowsby USA TODAY on November 18, 2021 at 4:56 pm
With her new book “Reclamation,” Gayle Jessup White brings her Black ancestors descended from Thomas Jefferson the Hemings family out of the shadows.
- ‘Real Housewives’ star Porsha Williams reveals ‘abusive’ accusations against R. Kellyby USA TODAY on November 18, 2021 at 4:07 pm
“Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Porsha Williams is sharing new accusations about her past experiences with R. Kelly.
- Barnes & Noble booksellers reveal book of the year: ‘magnificent and deeply original’by USA TODAY on November 18, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Barnes and Noble booksellers pick their book of the year
- ‘Please Scream Inside Your Heart’: New book relives the 2020 news cycle – in a good wayby USA TODAY on November 16, 2021 at 7:10 pm
NextDraft newsletter creator and media junkie Dave Pell relives the breakneck 2020 news cycle in his new book, “Please Scream Inside Your Heart.”
- Amazon releases its best books of 2021 list: ‘An embarrassment of riches’by USA TODAY on November 16, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Amazon has released its list of the best books of 2021, and Amor Towles road-trip novel “The Lincoln Highway” is at the top of the pack.
- 5 books not to miss: Nikole Hannah-Jones’ ‘The 1619 Project,’ ‘The Office’ oral historyby USA TODAY on November 15, 2021 at 5:50 pm
“The 1619 Project” gets a dramatic expansion in a new publication, and “Welcome to Dunder Mifflin” is a can’t-miss for “The Office” fans.
- NPR books editor Petra Mayer dies ‘suddenly’ at age 46: ‘She was the best of us’by USA TODAY on November 14, 2021 at 5:40 pm
Petra Mayer, books editor for NPR’s Culture desk, died suddenly on Saturday at age 46, the media organization announced.
- Will Smith talks suicide, abuse and Tupac Shakur: 5 surprising revelations from his new memoirby USA TODAY on November 12, 2021 at 6:50 pm
Here are five shocking revelations from Will Smith’s brave and inspiring memoir, “Will” (out Nov. 9).
- Pulitzer Prize-winner Louise Erdrich’s new novel ‘The Sentence’ a love letter to readersby USA TODAY on November 12, 2021 at 4:46 pm
With her new novel “The Sentence,” Pulitzer Prize-winning author Louise Erdrich has crafted a hard-won love letter to readers and to booksellers
- Veteran’s Day reading guide: 11 important diverse histories of America’s warsby USA TODAY on November 11, 2021 at 1:00 pm
These 11 books that show the diversity of U.S. veterans, including women on the frontlines, brave Black soldiers and Navajo code talkers.
- Emily Ratajkowski says being a sex symbol is ’empowering’ and ‘complicated’by USA TODAY on November 10, 2021 at 12:31 pm
Emily Ratajkowski spoke to USA TODAY about her book, which explores what it’s like to live in a society that fetishizes and shames female sexuality.
- Glory and the mayhem: New Led Zeppelin biography tells tale of groupies, drugs and rock ‘n’ rollby USA TODAY on November 10, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Bob Spitz’s new book, “Led Zeppelin: The Biography,” tells the good, the bad and the ugly of the most popular rock band of its generation.
- Historian H. W. Brands explores America’s contentious founding in ‘Our First Civil War’by USA TODAY on November 10, 2021 at 6:08 am
Many of America’s Founding Fathers wanted nothing to do with rebellion and independence initially, according to new book “Our First Civil War.”
- Natalie Wood’s sister Lana fights for truth of her mysterious death: ‘Still a long way to go’by USA TODAY on November 9, 2021 at 4:00 pm
We’ll likely never know what happened to Natalie Wood. But “Little Sister: My Investigation Into the Mysterious Death of Natalie Wood” investigates.
- Will Smith and Emily Ratajkowski bare all in new memoirs, plus more must-read booksby USA TODAY on November 6, 2021 at 11:00 am
Will Smith and Emily Ratajkowski bare all in vulnerable memoirs, and Pulitzer Prize-winning author Louise Erdrich returns with “The Sentence.”
- ‘Free of shame’: Billy Porter shares heartbreaking abuse story in vulnerable new memoirby USA TODAY on November 5, 2021 at 1:28 pm
Billy Porter knows a thing or two about glamour. But life was far from glamorous for Porter, as he details in his new memoir “Unprotected.”
- Natalie Wood’s sister alleges actress was assaulted as a teen by Kirk Douglas in new bookby USA TODAY on November 4, 2021 at 9:40 pm
In a memoir coming out next week, “Little Sister,” Natalie Wood’s younger sister Lana alleges the actress was assaulted by Kirk Douglas.
- Will Smith writes of abusive dad, wanting to ‘avenge’ his mom: ‘A darkness arose within me’by USA TODAY on November 4, 2021 at 4:13 pm
Will Smith is opening up on his feelings toward his dad, revealing he once contemplated killing him in order to avenge abuse suffered by his mother.